Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Minnie Sodas


Hey Hey Y'all!

I am in Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN (aka the sin cities) and I just had my first day off in a month. And what do I do? I ride my bike around the city. Minneapolis is pretty sweet. They have a pretty awesome radical bookstore here where I got a patch for my shorts of an old single speed bike. The weird thing about Minneapolis though is that its an "indoor city" meaning that you never actually have to go outside unless you want to. When it gets cold in the winter you can go from your house to your heated garage to your car to your heated parking garage to you work to the pharmacy to the back, etc, etc. All the buildings are connected by "sky walk" bridges. Which makes for very little street life. But there are some places you can still find it if you look.

We got to stay at host families for two nights which was really awesome. Thank you so much Steve and Nancy for the wonderful cozy warm bed and delicious food!! I really appreciate your hospitality.

Tomorrow we head up north to Sandstone, MN and pretty soon we will be in North Dakota. We are 1/2 way done with the trip! I can hardly believe it. Full speed ahead!

No comments: